Lab-grown diamonds were introduced in the year 1970s, but it grew their popularity in the last five years. It may be a bit difficult for you to choose the right engagement rings as we have got many options to choose, at an affordable price. There are some pros and cons of lab-grown diamonds
The Lab-Grown Diamonds Are The Right Approach?
Well, the big decision that you must make for yourself is to choose the right diamond for your engagement ring. To take the right decision you have to gain knowledge to understand diamonds. But, we really don’t have much time for that. What we need is to get the best for ourselves, isn’t it?
What Are The Pros And Cons of Lab-Grown Diamonds?
You might have been familiar with the sayings that the lab-grown diamonds are fake and that is really not a true saying. To know more about the lab-grown diamonds you may go to our article “What Are Lab-Created Diamonds? ”.
Now, you may have an idea that the lab-grown diamonds are not exactly fake.
To understand the right approach. Firstly, you need to be sure about what you are purchasing whether it is the lab-grown diamond or the natural diamond. Unless you do so and understand the difference you won’t be able to get the right diamond for you. So, today in this article we are going to discuss the pros and cons of lab-grown diamonds.
Lab-Grown Diamonds vs. Diamond Simulants
We use the term “simulants” while we discuss on lab-grown diamonds. Clearly speaking, lab-grown diamonds are not simulants. As the lab-grown diamonds have the same properties that a natural diamond has. When we talk about diamond simulants, they are not created with carbon-based.
The diamond simulants have other properties that don’t match to the properties of the natural diamond nor with the lab-grown diamonds. These diamond simulants are manufactured to look like the diamonds but they are created with the material like cubic zirconia (CZ) or moissanite.
Pros & Cons of Lab-Grown Diamonds
The thing which you need to keep in mind is the lab-grown diamonds are the actual diamonds. The lab-grown diamonds are physically and chemically identical to the mined diamonds. So here are some pros and cons which will make it easier for you.
- The creation of lab-grown diamonds does not require mining like natural diamonds. Generally, the lab-grown diamonds are created in the laboratory.
- Lab-grown diamonds are 100% conflict-free and cruelty-free diamonds and don’t harm the environment.
- Lab-grown diamonds are 30% to 40% cheaper than the natural diamonds according to size, color, and clarity.
- To create a lab-grown diamond it takes less energy and water usage as it is created in the lab. So, you can say that lab-grown diamonds are environmental sustainability.
- Lab-grown diamonds can be fairly compare with natural diamonds. However, you can save up to 30% to 40% on the colored or colorless lab-grown diamonds. Whereas, the natural diamonds are expensive.
- Lab-grown diamonds may be created by humans but they have reached the quality and size which is comparable with the natural diamonds.
- The lab-grown diamonds are created in the labs where the employees enjoy their work with proper health and with safety and are also paid with fair wages. Whereas in the natural diamonds doesn’t have any better stories in such.
- The natural diamonds are getting difficult to mine and expensive. On the other hand, the lab-grown diamonds don’t have any limitation and this creates a problem when lab-grown diamonds will continue to depreciate in price and would impact the resale value.
- To diffuse the environmental impact you can buy recycled natural diamonds. As diamond is durable and can be passed through on generations. But, this is a con for the lab-grown diamonds.
- Lab-grown diamonds may overcome with the issues of mining but it may create sustainability problems of its own. As to create a lab-grown diamond it needs the heat & pressure which is equal to the volcanic eruptions. To perform this whole process, it needs a huge amount of energy.
- You might have been facing problems with the people who don’t have any knowledge about the lab-grown diamonds. But, is it really important to let them know about it? Just simply use the term “diamond” instead of “lab-grown diamond”.
- Many people may be out of poverty due to mining. Due to the lab-grown diamonds supports the advanced technology this takes the jobs away from developing economies.
- Each mined diamond has a unique work on it as nature’s art. Whereas, on the other hand, the lab-grown diamonds are produce massively in the diamond factories and this may be a huge loss of glamour and the mystery of a lab-grown diamond.
- The biggest con of the lab-grown diamond is, the buyers will have no plentiful choices as the options are less available. But you can find colorful diamonds because of the impurities presented in the lab-grown diamonds during the manufacturing process.